AMERICAN LEGION DEPARTMENT OF KENTUCKY
VA Benefit Assistance: Your membership helps support Department Service Officers nationwide who assist veterans in preparing claims and obtaining their full military healthcare benefits through the VA.
Get help with claims
Discounts: Your membership gives you and your family practical, money-saving discounts that can easily save you many times the cost of your annual membership dues.
More on Discount Programs
Access to Scholarships and Programs:
More on Scholarships
Eligibility Requirements for American Legion Membership
If you are currently on active duty, serving the United States honorably, anywhere in the world, or have served honorably during any of the following eligible war eras, we invite you to become a member of The American Legion. National Guard and Reservists having been Federally activated (including basic training) during these same war eras also meet the eligibility requirements.
- Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)